charging problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: charging problem
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:13:06 EDT
Okay kids - my '70 1600 started to discharge (gauge was in the negative  side
running.  Took it into a local repair shop, they said the alternator  had a
terminal post that the wire had come loose and basically fried the  terminal.
I had gotten a supposedly good used alternator from on of our  local club
members, but when the shop put it on, they said it showed a quick  positive
peak
on the gauge and then NOTHING.  Ideas?  Is the voltage  regulator bad,
alternator bad, or is the car karma on haywire?

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.wycroc.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-300161C
1963  SPL310-300289B