67.5 wiring

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 wiring
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:53:03 -0500
I forgot to trim the end of this email I sent to Paul.

Peace,
Pat

Paul,

See interspersed comments

Peace,
Pat

Paul wrote:

> Hello All,  this is kind of long winded so bear with me.
>
> I am undergoing a frame off resto on a 67.5 2L  (#428)  and am trying to
> install the Dash wiring harness to all the components of the dash and not
> understanding where some of the wires need to be.  (bought the car
> with all
> harnesses unhooked) Using the 311.org wiring diagram.  (Fergus... if
> your out
> there, my blown up/laminated 69 wiring diag is awesome!  Thanks!
>
> So... Here is where I am (working from the rheostat left to glove box
> right)
> 1. Rheostat...Got them  check!
> 2. one small/short white wire...?(where to?)

Are you sure it is whit and not yellow? The instrument regulator power
lead comes out about there That wire
should go to the pin marked "IGN". There should also be a yellow/green
wire that connects to the unmarked
pin on the regulator. Do you have your turn signal flasher hooked up?
Its wire comes out around there also. (Green)

> 3. Tach: (lights)R/W, R/Blu  top r/blu bottom...Right?

White Blue is the high beam indicator

> 4. Combo gauge (temp/oil) top & bottom right side marked ign?  (what 2?)
>    2 unmarked (top/bottom left side) connectors?  (what 2?)

Temp:
Yellow/green to IG
Yellow/white to the other.
OIL:
Yellow/black to IG
Yellow/blue to the other

> 5.Speedo:  R/Blu  (lights) any order...right

Yup

> 6.Clock: r/blu light and green?

Correct.
There is also a Blue/White there that goes to the lighter socket

> 7. Amp/Fuel:  + (color?) Neg-- (color?)  Ign (color?) Blank (color?)

Ammeter:
Black to +, White to -
Fuel:
Yellow/Red goes to IG
Yellow goes to other pin

> As for my Lights, fog & heater  I don't know how many
> prongs(connectors) each
> has and what color goes to each.  The way it is now:
> Lights: 4 prongs?

Red/Yellow to pin 2
Green/Blue to pin 4
Red to pin 6
Green/white to pin 7

> Fog: 3 prongs?

2 pins:
Red/Green to pin 6
Red/green to pin 7
Order makes no difference
do you have an extra wire here, or does your switch have 3 pins?

> Heater: 4 prongs?

Blue to pin 2
Blue/white to pin 4
Green/blue to pin 6

> -----------------------------
> = HELP!
> and finally... There is one Red/wht wire that has been cut just after the
> amp/fuel cluster it is about 2 inches long,  where does this go?

That's probably red/yellow. If it is, it goes to the map light under the
dash on the passenger's side.

I know there are many of you who have undergone this and any and all
help will
be appreciated immensely!  You can do it off-list unless there are
others in
my situation

Thanks!!!

Paul(heyace) Gabriel
69 silver solex
67.5 # 428   (60-70% DONE!)

--
Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT