Low windshield re-assembly advice needed

Subject: Low windshield re-assembly advice needed
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:09:11 -0400
The "R" is coming together, and I need to ask for some advice from those who
have BTDT on a couple of items - never hurts to rely on others experience to
save time and headaches.

1. For the under windshield frame gasket, I'm was planning to glue the gasket
to the bottom of the windshield frame first, then pulling it out over the
raised lip on the cowl during assembly.  Of course the opposite approach would
be to glue it to the cowl first.  Can anyone with first hand experience offer
enlightenment as to which is the best approach? pitfalls?

2. Door opening weatherstrip - when we got the "R", there was no weatherstrip
in the door openings, just scraps of rubber under the aluminum capture strips.
Can anyone email me or post a picture or sketch somewhere of how the
weatherstrip is supposed to be oriented relative to the standing door flanges
and the capture strips?  I have an idea of how it should go on, but would like
to confirm that I'm not full of it....

3. I remember having to go through all sorts of conniptions to get the door
glass out, turning it this way and that until I could finally get it out of
the door top opening.  Can anyone offer some tips for reassembling door glass,
tracks, etc. i.e. sequential steps

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the week or two - thanks in advance for
the help and advice.
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH