RE: Low windshield re-assembly advice needed

To: "'Mark Sedlack'" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Low windshield re-assembly advice needed
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 18:02:46 -0700
Mark,

Regards #3 - this is what works for me.
I went thru this procedure last week, replacing my driver's door glass
before heading to Solvang.

After doing the preliminary steps of removing the interior handles, the
interior door panel, then the front vent window assembly out (by sliding
it straight up), and removing some screws holding an interior bar at the
left and the rollup mechanism at the right, I found the best way of
removing the glass was by pulling it straight up, then angling it
inwards from the top towards the car interior (bottom edge parallel to
the door). The rubber window squeegee is flexible and forgiving of the
glass rubbing against it as you pull the glass and the bottom angle
brackets out. Because the angle brackets are at 90degrees, this works
pretty good. Putting it back in, just reverse this step, then align the
forward roller in the track, lastly install the rear roller track.

Fred - So.SF