How much do I care about Vendors?

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: How much do I care about Vendors?
From: "Bob Winslade" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:05:27 -0500
I DON'T CARE!

I don't care who gives what and who doesn't.
I don't care who sold what at a discount, and who didn't.
I don't care if one badmouths the other.
I don't care if one car show got stuff and one didn't
I don't care if one club got stuff and one didn't

I DON'T CARE!

I don't care that people or vendors have petty problems between themselves.
I don't care that people badmouth someone because someond did this or that,
and they know because they heard it from someone that heard it from someone
that heard it from someone that heard it from someone that heard it from
someone that heard it from someone that heard it from . . . . .
I don't care that some Vendors support shows more than others.  Even a
discounted spark plug should be appreciated.

I DON'T CARE!

BUT I DO CARE!

I do care when I get dragged into the "Roadster daycare" for a game of "he
said, he said".

I do care when I have to waste my time screening e-mails that I should not
have received (see above).  This wasted time could have been used working on
the Roadsters and making up parts lists.

I DO CARE THAT ALL THE VENDORS ARE THERE FOR ME NOW.

I DO CARE THAT SOME OF THE VENDORS MIGHT NOT BE THERE IN THE FUTURE WHEN I
NEED THEM

If I don't like the show on TV I can change the channel.  I don't have to read
the book because someone told me to.  If a friend tells me not to associate
with "so and so" or else, I can choose which friend I want, and more often
than not I'll choose "so and so", because he's not the ASSHOLE!.

If I don't want junk mail from the Post Office, I tell them and it stops.

I'm telling the e-mail Post Office now,  I DON'T WANT JUNK!

I'll deal with any and all Vendors based on these simple principals.

I buy what I need, from who has it, at the price I am willing to pay, and
guaranteed to get it in my hands.  I call these Vendors REPUTABLE.

I buy form Vendors that conduct business like professionals. I call these
Vendors REPUTABLE.

Because of this, I buy what I need from Vendors that share advice and their
time, and those that don't . . . but all things being equal . . . I may lean
towards the more helpful one at that time.

I buy what I need from venders that donate stuff, and ones that don't . . .
but all things being equal . . .I may lean towards the more generous one at
that time.

I buy what I need from Vendors that sell parts at discount prices for draws,
and those that don't, . . . but cost being equal . . . I may lean towards the
more discounted . . .

Part of being a REPUTABLE Vendor to me, however is REPUTATION!  Good or Bad.
How are you conducting yourself as a Businessman?

I'll deal with a Vendor with a good REPUTATION FIRST, over one that doesn't,
even if it means paying a bit more.

In closing, and because I am working on my 1966-1600 now, and the 1967-1600 is
next.  Both will need parts.

So, as I clear out the rest of the GARBAGE, let's see who's REPUTABLE enough
for my money.

And I sign my name when I rant!

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 SPL311-04642