Re: clutch mystery

To: Gwparkerlaw@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch mystery
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:59:11 EDT
Sounds hydraulic. Check and see where the fluid is leaking from. Three
choices, master, slave, or the line connecting them. The slave being iron can
be
honed and rebuilt. The master is aluminum so if it is pitted it must either be
sleeved or replaced. Having air in the system can cause it to not go into
reverse. Sometimes they can be a bit of a chore to get all the air out of them.
    For the most part, other than a bit of poor  judgment, it sounds like
your brother just happened to be there when the clutch  bled to death.
    For the starting problem check the normal stuff.  Gas getting to the
carbs (any in the tank?), spark? Given much of an excuse they  will run.

keith

In a message dated 5/2/2005 1:48:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,