Re: Solvang 2005 pics/videos!!

To: Datsun Roadster Forum <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solvang 2005 pics/videos!!
From: Bill Engelhardt <bengelhardt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:12:48 -0700
Solvang WAS awesome!  This was our first time and we REALLY enjoyed it.  All
of my late nights getting the roadster ready were totally worth it.

Kristen and I are grateful to Lou and FresnoDROC for putting the whole thing
together.  They did a fantastic job.  Kristen is already talking about how
we'll go to next year's event.

I actually enjoyed fording the river on the poker run.  Trying to create the
magical "wave front" for Alvin's safe passage really did sound like a good
idea to me at the time.  Of course, in hindsight I think that it sounds like
I might have been smoking crack.  Sorry for treating your roadster like a
white water raft, Alvin.  If your video was about 10 seconds longer, you'd
see me blasting back through the river with water shooting about 10' in the
air (and back into the car) - I really did enjoy fording the river -
benefits of having a driver not a show car.

Glad that I got to meet more cool roadster peeps and hang with my old
roadster buddies.

Congrat's to Alvin (best custom,) Paul (best of show,) Matt Jacquet (best
1600 high windshield,) and all those who won awards.  Your cars are truly
fantastic.

See you all next year.

    Bill Engelhardt
    1970 2000