Re: Lucky Day

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucky Day
From: Dave Dearinger <daved@mdon-line.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:54:27 -0700
I seem to recall reading in the How to modify Datsun book($_1) that the
shifter roll pins were failure prone in the stock form. Their solution at
the time was to insert a smaller diameter roll pin inside the stock pin.
This kept the pins from shearing but then the shifter forks were breaking
their arms off. The BRE team solution to the whole problem was to have
custom shift forks machined with reinforced arms and doubled up roll pins
in the forks, spiral wound pins would probably be a better choice now. I
suspect it's the same issues affecting the roadster gear box.

($_1) Fisher, Bill and Bob Waar. How to Modify Datsun Engines & Chassis
510, 610, 240Z H.P. Books, Tucson, AZ: 1973.