Re: Shasta accomadations and problems:

To: gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shasta accomadations and problems:
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:52:48 EDT
Hello Gerardo and all,

       My parents, wife and I stayed at the Mt. Air and rented two rooms. We
did not have any problems at all. In the past we had a dead air conditioner.
They had it replaced within an hour. We will call them about 5 -6 months before
Shasta to request the rooms we want and so far have had very good experiences
with them. That is not to say that it's not possible to have problems. I
agree that if anyone had issues that they could not get resolved, aproaching
them
as a group will give us much more leverage. If Gerardo is willing to talk to
them is a businesslike manner and discuss our issues he will be doing us all a
great service.

       As to the Police. I wandered off to bed just a few minutes before they
showed up and I have to say that the group was much better behaved that they
sometimes have been. No carb tuning, loud music or generally loud goings on.
If that officer did not know what was going on he must have been very new to
the area. One thing they do like to do is set up a speed trap on the main drag
as we are leaving the Saturday night dinner. That is understandable and
reasonable as we can get a little carried away sometimes. Once again I think
the best
approach is contact the Chief of Police in a businesslike manner and explain
what we are doing and discuss any issues we had. It might even be a good idea
for Phyllis (hard worker that she is) to talk to the Chief of Police before we
get there and give them a heads up and even invite them to join us if they
would like. Most police are realy nice, but like all of us hate to be blind
sided.

       The City of Mt. Shasta has been an outstanding host for twenty years
and I think we need to get any small problems ironed out and do it for at least
another twenty.

thanks to all,

keith williams