RE: Re: Need dash removal tips

To: <efrisbee@charter.net>, "'RWM'" <RWM@rwmann.com>,
Subject: RE: Re: Need dash removal tips
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:20:26 -0800
It really helps to have a girlfriend around with little hands I have found.
That or a child who is old enough to be useful.
        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000

$
$That gauge isn't *too* bad, just takes a lot of twisting your hands into
weird positions
$to get to some of the connections and screws  For any of the guages, it's a
lot easier
$to pull the seat and lay down flat on the floorboards with your upper back
kinda
$propped up so you can work in there.   Sadly, I don't have small hands and
have to
$get XL gloves.  I know there is a Japanese engineer out there laughing his
butt off
$thinking about that too!  :)
$
$One suggestion too... once you have the gauges out, lube up those little
mounting
$screws and wingnuts... you'll appreciate it on the NEXT time you dig under
that
$dash!
$
$Good luck!