Need dash removal tips

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Need dash removal tips
From: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:38:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Hey roadster nuts,
I plan to pull the dash out of my '70 2000 this weekend for various reasons.  I
recall reading it's best (or required?) to remove the steering column first.
Is that true for the roadster or am I thinking of some Z material I read? I'm
anticipating the plastic harness connectors might crumble when I try to
disconnect them.  Any tips for avoiding destruction and/or replacing them?
Should I remove the seats or are there no contortion acts required?  Any advice
will be well received.
Thanks,
Gary