Re: The key question is...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The key question is...
From: <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:14:48 -0800
Hidden fuel shut off.  can also be a keyed manual or electric/alarm switched.

A hidden feature is that the car will start and allow the car to be driven a
short distance, but that's it.  There are circuits (easy to build or included
alarm features) that will emulate the fuel cut off but it's  more of a
distraction of having to re-start the car (if the alarm hasn't already been
compromised) until help arrives.

Ignition or starter cut offs are more of an annoyance.  Unless the wires are
carefully hidden from view they can be bypassed in a heartbeat.