Re: who is this guy andrew murphy??

To: herosandwich19675@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: who is this guy andrew murphy??
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:03:09 -0700
Hello,

Once again I ask you to take this off list as it has no bearing on the issue
at hand: Datsun Roadsters.

Since you raised a personal note I will say this: How dare you "diagnose" me
as "having issues" when it comes to the money spent on this car?

Not only would I never be so condescending as to imply that because anyone
that can amass the monies needed to do one of these cars they must "have
issues" but it would no occur to me to even try.

You seem to want to know why I spent the money or you would not have
bothered to write in the first place. Ego? Maybe somewhat, but the real
reason is for the marquee. I have heard for years people that want to get
our cars recognized as the classics they are. They want recognition of the
car and also they would like to see them rise in value.  They also want to
see parts availability continue and the want the vendors around for when we
need them. Guys like me make this happen. This is not a popularity contest
and I am not competing for any prize. I give two shits about "winning" at
Shasta and Solvang. I did it for one reason: I love the cars.

I am proud of what I did and I would do it again. Whether I spent one
million dollars or one hundred dollars is not the point: I completed the
project. I did not "lose interest" and sell it off half done. I don't give a
damn about the money, but if we ever want our cars on a 100 point judging
system then we need to worry about things like "correctness" and "matching
numbers".

Don't get me wrong: any running Datsun Roadster is worthy of recognition. I
have helped with parts and loaned tools and I support anyone trying to get
their roadster back on the road.

And I sign my emails.

People on this list may not care for me or my posts and I am the first to
support their right to believe anyway they choose and they can write me and
express that off line. You on the other hand do not deserve to even know me.
You have publicly disrespected me twice on this list and are now on my email
filter.

Please respect the list and do not post about this again. I will not.

Andrew Murphy

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup