Sideways action....angry man...angry me....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sideways action....angry man...angry me....
From: "Matt Birkett" <datsunsp311@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:35:35 +1000
Hello List,
             here is a little story that happened to me the other day....

             It was a pleasnt spring afternoon and the sun was shinning with
a slight cool breeze in the air so I thought it would be the perfect
afternoon for a let-off-some-steam drive.  So I was driving arround for a
while not really doing anything too illegal (like mayby 70 in a 60 zone max)
and I had been driving arround for about a half hour and decided it was time
to come home.

            I came arround the LAST corner before my street and there was a
bit of loose gravel on the road...now this is a nice, flat, good visability
corner with no houses on it and no other cars on it at the time so I thought
I'd have a bit of fun and came arround the corner at a decent speed and as
you would expect the arse end let go and I slid very sideways and corrected
the slide perfectly (as I always do) then continued up the road.......then
about 50m up the road I saw a man come running down his driveway with his
hands in the air jumping about like a mad man signaling to me to stop....I
thought he wanted to congratulate me on my excellent sideways control, but I
was wrong....he seemed very upset that I had come arround the corner as I
did and proceded to yell his lungs out at me.

            I was about to drive off and show him what I thought of him but
decided to tell him that I was just out to have a bit of fun and didn't want
to upset anyone and that I wouldn't get sidways on that corner anymore, just
for him.  He seemed happy enough with that, then he became not angry but
seemed interested in my little Datsun and started telling me how it was a
very nice car.  At this stage I was sick of listening to him and left.......
   Has anyone else ever had a simular thing happen?  It just made me
angry...I wanted to ask if he gets angry at every person that comes arround
that corner faster then he thinks they should?

Oh well, just wanted to share that with other people who might appricate how
annoying poeple who want to tell you how you should drive are.

Matthew
Queensland
Australia
(Red '66 SP311 Weekend driver)

ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
text. Click here  http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp