heater core question / temp sender

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: heater core question / temp sender
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:03:49 -0700
    I took my heater core to a local radiator place about a week ago. today he
told me that it pressure tested good so they hot tanked it. when the retested
it he said there was a bunch of small leaks in it. I was told that this is a
symptom of old cores. I do not know much about it so I thought I would ask you
guys. he did not seem like he was trying to blow smoke or was trying to put
one over on me. this is the second one I have that is bad (it was the one from
my car and looked as if it had frozen over expanding the tubes). I was told it
would be around 150 to build a new core. he said the tanks on it were good.
for the price I can buy a whole new one I think. thoughts?
    I installed an aftermarket ammeter in my 67 1600 last week. it is working
great. I would like to replace the temp gauge, fuel gauge, and oil pressure
gauge now. I will most likely do the temp gauge first. I looked over the parts
package it comes with and it had a nut that looks like the one holding the
original type sender in. is this a universal size and thread type set-up for
cars of this era? where is a good source for braided oil line for the oil
pressure gauge? The one with the oil gauge is a vinyl hose.

As always,

thx!