Re: heater core question / temp sender

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater core question / temp sender
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 18:41:19 -0500
Roadsters originally used a 7psi radiator cap.  I used to run a JAG
one that was rated at 4 psi.

Problem is the 14 psi cap is more common, and easily installed. Not a
problem for a recored radiator, but would not have been the first
heater core to suffer from the higher pressure.

$150 for a core seems high, but odds are it is a uncommon size. So
his advice of building a new core seem reasonable given the time
involved.

On the temp sender... been too long to remember the size. Ended up
making one out of brass, so I want to think it was common ENGLISH
threading size. Getting old, so the mind is slipping! :)

Oil pressure line: Racerwholesale  or Pegasus are both racing supply
shops. Either should be able to get the line. Quite often the line
will be in a bulk length, were you need to trim one end and install
the fittings. Not difficult the SECOND time you do it. Just ask back
on the list if you don't find one premade to size.

http://www.racerwholesale.com
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/
Haven't ordered from either in ages... so I might be out of date on
the Aeroquip stuff. :)

Tom