My long absence... sorry...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, WHalsey254@aol.com, jgbowen@sonic.net,
Subject: My long absence... sorry...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:14:48 EST
Hello,

As some of you "old timers" know... I signed off a while ago because I sold
my 67.5 Solex and it was pure torture to see 50 messages a day regarding
roadsters.  As well, I bought another car.  It is some weird looking German
thing.  Not much to talk about.  They are all over the streets.  Whatever...

Anyway, the main reason I signed on was to bring the horrible news of the
passing of Carolyn Dudley, President and dedicated member of the Z Owners of
Northern California Club, ZONC.org.

She was a serious Datsun enthusiast for all of her adult life.  And owner of
several Datsuns to include a '66 Roadster as an awarding winning 300ZX.  She
is all over the Internet and so is her car.  She was also the first person I
ever met at my first Datsun Meet in Santa Rosa, Ca back in 1996.  It was her
that showed me around and introduced me to fellow Datsun folks.  Her gracious
personality and passion for the Datsun/Nissan marque started my fire for my
new found passion.

She Datsun lover first and a Z lover second.  She never placed any Datsun
over another or any Datsun owner over another.  I remember when I first
joined ZONC in 1996 as a Roadster owner.  She didn't care if I didn't own a Z
car but was thrilled to see that I was dedicated enough to join.  And over
the years and many conversations with her she bought forth to the club to
officially include in its membership Roadsters and 510s.  Once again, all
Datsuns were important to her.  I then volunteered my services as the SF Area
Coordinator for ZONC as well as being the Datsun Roadster contact.

The passing of Carolyn is a sad day for not just her family and friends but
for the entire Datsun Community.  Domestically and Internationally.  I am
proud to have been one of her good friends.  I hope that many of you can make
the Memorial Service for Carolyn this coming Sunday.  It is sure to be a sad
day.  But lets make this day a wonderful tribute for a wonderful lady.  I
hope you can attend.

Location: Northridge Country Club, 7600 Madison Ave., Citrus Heights, Ca
cross street: Mariposa.
Time: December 15th, Sunday at 1:00pm.  Please be early.

Thanks,

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex ( former owner with lots of pictures to prove it! )