Re: degreaser?

To: <PLETCH5@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: degreaser?
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:03:22 -0800
Hi Ken,

With or without the engine in place? A lot easier without it in the engine
bay.

Best bet is a steam blaster. I hate the chemical degreasers. They're smelly
and make a mess, and still won't cut thru sludge without some manual
scraping or brushing. I've used a combination of degreasers and
pressure-washers, and they do a satisfactory job. But if you really want it
super clean, use a steam sprayer and a brush. I bought a Shark steam blaster
for about $90 from K-Mart, and it really cuts the grease. Do it outside,
because it leaves a lot of moisture in the air.

Fred Katz - So.SF
katman
P.S. Got myself a Skyline GT-R, what a blast racing that sucker
(microsizer).