exhaust

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: exhaust
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:14:36 -0800
HI all,

today I got the header in I needed. it looks pretty good. the PO send a
collector with it. it is a little rusty but useable. it is solid. from what I
have read I need one that is flexible. so here comes the questions!

1. I have a flange that has three holes for mounting bolts at the end of the
header. is this pretty much standard for the roadster? in other words if I
order a flex coupler will it fit out of the box.

2. where is the best source at the best price to get one?

3. I do not think the new header will fit unless I cut the exhaust pipe back
some. I am going to replace the rest of the exhaust also. I want to mount the
new header, rebuilt carbs, and starter and then drive the car to the shop to
have the rest done. is it bad for the car to run without the pipe connected of
any kind of muffler?

thx,

mike