SRL311-00489 Update (Next stop- Parts!)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SRL311-00489 Update (Next stop- Parts!)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:17:35 -0800
Hello All,

For those interested, I thought I would let folks know what is up with my
restoration. A lot has been accomplished so far with a lot of work ahead.
All in all things are going well.

Right now the car body is at the dippers getting done before it will be
metal etched and primered. When the car comes back from the dipper, the
frame and suspension components will go out for powder coating. Then there
are the chrome pieces which need to get done.

While all this is going on, the focus has turned to my engine and also
getting those parts I still need for the car. For example, after taking
apart my rear axles it was discovered they had spun bearings. More parts
needed. Since I am going with the Volvo brake conversion I will need to
purchase the needed components.

The big expenses for this month were three parts that I really needed and
were really expensive. I purchased a powder coasted 67.5 fan shroud, a
perfect NOS side trim set, and an auto power roll bar (one of the older
style that correctly fits the 67.5).

I have an engine parts list to fill as long as my arm. So while not much is
being spent on labor right now, plenty is going into parts.

So not many pics to share until the car starts to be rebuilt. Once all the
parts come back from powder coating the process of actually putting the car
back together can finally begin.

Many people have been asking me when the car will be finished. Although
there is no way at this point to say exactly when it will be done, I have
been assured by Ross I will be driving the car by my 40th birthday. My
birthday is September 23rd and I will be 40 years old next year. So it looks
to be about 10 months.

I can hardly wait.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex