(no subject)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: RGARRE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:33:00 EST
I have a 66 1600 with a 5 speed conversion that I did to the  car while I was
in college, I bought the car with a blown 4 speed, this was 1975 & picked up
a 5 speed , had the drive shaft trimmed and installed it with great success.
It ran great until the oil pressure line broke off and ran out of oil, sister
driving, oil line my fault, this was 1976.

Incredibly the car has been garaged since then 1976, & now finally I am
considering it's time to get it back on the road.

Meanwhile I have picked up a later year 1970 or 1971 1600 and 2000 for parts.

My original 1966, 1600 engine was fresh overhauled before the oil line fell
off, new valve lifters, push rods, cam, crank bearings ect. all parts bought
then from the local dealer, boy did it  ever run smooth.    I am thinking
that I will grind the crank on the 1600 and put it back together with the u16
engine and then build the 1970 u20 engine for a a swap out later.

The kind of stuff I will the most help with will be the brakes parts and carb
overhauls, Living in the Hartford, CT area I don't ever see any Roadsters
running around.  I am looking for a good carb overhaul shop and a good source
for the brake parts.

Ultimately I would like for this car to morf into a 2000 conversion with so
get up & go.  I would like to start with the best brakes I can find and take
it from there.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Richard Garretson

1966 1600 in need of work
1970 1600 parted out
1970  2000 complete parts car, was running, body shot