Re: Electrical question so I can learn

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical question so I can learn
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:08:41 -0800
Ivan,

I am not sure what the H, E, L, or A standing alone means, but 20A and 30A refer
to the current rating of the fuse.  The A meaning AMPS. I.E., 20 AMPS and 30
AMPS.

The body style of these fuses is 3AG.  This has nothing to do with the current
rating of the fuse, but does refer to a design standard to keep the dimensions
alike for all manufacturers of fuses and fuse holders.  Normally you will see a
fuse with something like 3AG20 printed on one end or the other.  This would be a
3AG body style rated at 20 AMPS.

These are the only fuses I have ever seen with the fuse information printed on
paper inserted inside of the glass sleeve.

Tom
69 2000
Portland