Re: Starting problems round 2

To: "Edgar Gonzalez" <datsunspl311@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting problems round 2
From: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 18:21:06 -0800
Eric,

I've taken a look at it and this is what I've got.  Pulled cam cover and cam
lobes for #1 are about 9:30 and 1:30, which should be about right if tdc is
around 10 and 2.  Timing mark on pulley says 20 btdc.  Rotor is pointed at
#1.  So it all looks okay.  I am getting spark, but maybe it's not enough,
I'm not sure.

I'm getting no fire at all.  No backfire.  It just sounds like it wants to
catch, but it's not.  I've sprayed starter fluid into carb "throats" and
still it won't start, which makes me believe it's ignition based somehow.
If my dwell or points are off, will that affect this?  Or should it fire but
run roughly?

Allen
2000 w/Solex's (non-smog)