Who?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Who?
From: Dat2000srl@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:44:52 EST
My name is Larry Coughlin,
I have been more of a lurker in the last several years. I originally replied
to half the topics that came down the pike, but found that my answers were no
where near as consise as many of the more active posters. My first datsun was
a 79 B210, that I soon modified with headers, polished and ported the heads,
installed an Holley IMSA? 2bbl carb, 60 series tires, and proceeded to
terrorize the locals with. I even raced against a Firebird Trans Am, nose to
nose at 90 mph before he backed off. My first knowledge of a topless datsun
was in 1980 when my brother in-law was modifying a 72 240Z, he had a Datsun
performance parts book, and on the cover was a roadster. I never knew that
these cars ever existed. He called them the grandaddy of the Z and swore that
it was the car to have. Since then I began looking in the local classifieds
for my Datsun Sports 2000. Joined the military in 1981, met a guy in basic
who was from California, he used to have a Roadster while in High scoll,
talked alot about it. I had to get one... Got maried in 83, found a Roadster
in the classifieds, called and arranged to see it. The wife said NO WAY!!!...
I married the wrong girl, lasted 7 years, one daughter, in her first year of
College, University of MD. I re-married after 10 years off, in 1999, to my
wonderful wife Evy. I did get that Roadster in 1996. I was a little rough,
complete, just found out there is a 'b' cam in it. The motor is out and
planning to deck the block, and find a 30 thousands gasket to bring the
squish to 40 thousands. Carreer wise, I had been in the service sector fixing
ATM (money machines) computers, printers, controllers, networks,
routers...... for Diebold, Bank of America, General Eletric, and most
recently IBM. IBM laid me and many others off earlier this year, and while
looking for employment, a friend, told me to take this oppurtunity to do home
repairs. I always wanted to be my own boss, and would not have ventures that
direction if it wasn't for knowing Mark Dent. I never discussed it with him,
but I knew he had his own business's going, and I felt that perhaps I would
give it a shot. We ( my wife has done alot of the start-up and organization)
started My Handi-man services, in July this year. I am experienced in almost
every aspect of home repair with the exception of installing carpet. I am
working toward getting a contracters license so that I can offer larger scale
projects. Currently we are doing general repairs, replacing doors, windows,
drywall, replacing fixtures, decks, roof repairs, gutter repairs, etc, very
long list. I hope to specialize into creating dream spaces into peoples home.
I have a small orchard, 40 fruit trees, grape vines (I like to make wine)
many trees, and 1/4 acre veggie garden(too big). one "squirrely looking, rat
faced, monkey dog, I think she is a poodle mix Evy's dog, but she favors me
for some reason (treats) and she is about 9 pounds. I really enjoyed reading
the bio's of the list members, and so I put mine in there. Hope that everyone
on the east coast will make it to the Glen in 2003.
Larry
69 2000 Mikuni's