The squish factor and head gasket thickness

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The squish factor and head gasket thickness
From: Dat2000srl@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:59:38 EST
I have the motor out of the 2000. Here is what I appear to have. The height
from the top of the piston to the top of the block, when the piston is at its
highest point is about 45-50 thousands. The head gasket is about 48-50
thousands. My brother is a Machinest, and modifies Harley Davidson motors. He
tells me I should shoot for a squish height of .040, for more turbulance in
the combustion chamber, giving a more complete burn, thus, more power. I
understand this applies to most if not all engines, he is also doing a Ford
V-8, and is blue printing that motor, and squishing it. Has anyone out there
have experience in the squish, and if so, where can I get thinner head
gaskets. TIA
Larry