Re: poor running

To: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: poor running
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:20:11 -0500 (CDT)
Dana, check replace the condenser. The purpose of the condenser is to
reduce the sparking when the points open and close. The ballast resistor
may be bypassed also. What year is your car? If it is a later car that has
an ignition switch that bypasses the ballast resistor at start it could be
that the ignition switch is not going fully back to run from start when
you release the key.

Good hunting.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA