welded throttle cable

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: welded throttle cable
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:03:17 -0500
I got the new motor installed and started.  I was very careful to connect the
ground cable to the block before cranking the car.  Unfortunately the end of
the cable connected to the frame wasn't making good contact.  I welded the
throttle cable inside it's sheath when the motor tried to ground through it.
I was able to free the cable by tugging with the vise grips but it's operation
is very rough and sticky.  Does anyone in the Dallas area have a spare cable
that I can use for the races this weekend?  Has anyone tried other cables like
bicycle or lawnmower cables?  Where is a good source for cables.  I will
probably order one from a vendor but I need something right now.

Thanks,

Andy