Re: welded throttle cable

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: welded throttle cable
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:57:49 -0500
At 9:03 AM -0500 9/24/02, Andy Cost wrote:
>I got the new motor installed and started.  I was very careful to connect the
>ground cable to the block before cranking the car.  Unfortunately the end of
>the cable connected to the frame wasn't making good contact.  I welded the
>throttle cable inside it's sheath when the motor tried to ground through it.
>I was able to free the cable by tugging with the vise grips but it's operation
>is very rough and sticky.  Does anyone in the Dallas area have a spare cable
>that I can use for the races this weekend?  Has anyone tried other cables like
>bicycle or lawnmower cables?  Where is a good source for cables.  I will
>probably order one from a vendor but I need something right now.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andy

Andy,
        I use cable and housing frequently with the puppets and
animatronics.  I have some top quality stainless cable and some
bicycle housing that I can send out to you.  The only hitches are,
I'm not sure on length for 2000 cable and I only have housing in neon
green and pink.  I can send you some if you'd like, you'd get it by
thursday if I sent it today. Give me a holler, I'm outside San
Antonio @(830) 324-6578
        The housing on the 1600 throttle cable looks a tad stouter
than bike housing, more like motorcycle housing maybe?

-Marc T.