RE: Shimmy in the Steering Wheel

To: "'Pete Koernig'" <pkoernig@cableaz.com>,
Subject: RE: Shimmy in the Steering Wheel
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:25:24 -0700
Tread separation is not the only problem that can cause a shimmy.  If you
have ever done track days and spent some time "off line" to let people by,
the tires can pick up lots of marbles.  That causes a huge out-of-balance
problem until you scrub them off.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.