Re: question about carbs and possible new virus

To: Vegas Mike <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: question about carbs and possible new virus
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:15:51 -0700
Mike,

Your description is exactly what I am fighting.  I did notice this evening that
when I put the Unisyn on the carbs IMMEDIATELY after starting the cold engine
the
carbs seemed to draw about the same amount of air and the Unisyn did not have a
large effect on the idle.

As the engine heated up the airflow in the front carb began to drop.  In a few
minutes later the airflow in the front carb was WAY down.  Almost none compared
the rear carb.  I have a new manifold gasket on the side of the head, but I had
loosen the intake manifold to replace the water T on the front of the manifold.
The T would not clear the exhaust header otherwise.  I assume that I tightened
the
lower nuts on the thick spacers, but I will check that when the engine is cold.

Did I need to replace the intake manifold gasket again because of loosening and
tightening the intake manifold?

Tom
69 2000
Portland