Re: seatbelt anchors

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: seatbelt anchors
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:18:37 -0700
I have mentioned before that I fully tested the belts in a 1968 2000 in about
1969.  Hitting a high cement curb at somewhere above 40 MPH, everything held
me where I was supposed to be, and the only problem I can find with stock 3
point belts is the shoulder harness belt broke my chest cartilage.  That is a
good reason for using 4 point belts.  I don't remember having any stomach
problems, but that chest injury hurt real bad for about a month.

I think I will consider a 4" wide lap belt that won't roll up to the size of a
pencil and cut into my gut, and a dual shoulder harness that won't re-injure
my chest if I should decide to retest the seat belts in the future.

My chiropractor has to be very careful all these years later because he can
still aggravate the damaged chest cartilage while adjusting my middle back,
and now it takes a year to stop aching.  Just one of my fond memories of
Datsun days gone by.

Tom
69 2000
Portland