Re: Hood Release Issues

To: Ryan Bird <birdman@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Hood Release Issues
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 21:16:21 -0500 (CDT)
Ryan,

I had this kind of problem on my 67.5 several years ago. The cable
adjustment for the hood release can be off, causing this problem. It is a
strangely built latch, so if the cable is either too loose or too tight
(mine was too loose), the hood release will not hold the pin on the hood
tightly.

There should be sbout 1/4" slack when you lightly pull the hood release.

Good luck!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA