reply: REALLY custom roadster on ebay

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: reply: REALLY custom roadster on ebay
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:38:33 -0700
Interesting work on this thing.  Hood looks a bit hunchback, but on second
thought if he did that to the trunk lid as well it would look like a new
Lexus roadster!  Went to all that work to pointy-out the top of the rear
fenders, I guess to make more like fins, but ends up looking like an Alpine.
What is with the raked back rollbar, designed for a Herman Munster sized
human?  looks a bit like a shopping cart handle, but I'll bet it was the
candidate location for that 5th radiator.  Geez, it only took 4 radiators to
get to 'it doesn't run hot'!
Okay, I'll be nice, as the work is very nicely done.   a few things I
noticed: the dash has been connected to the welded-shut door jamb, the
drivers' part of the dash looks removeable (makes for more convenient, you
get to work sitting down rather than prone)
The website listed on the e-bay page has some really comprehensive pics of
what is involved in a frame-off, media blasting, rotisserie, etc.  Might
give some folks (like me!) a good idea of how involved that process is.
I'll shut up now,  Fergus O, mildly mangled 69 2000, HB,CA