Brake line bending or re-use mine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake line bending or re-use mine
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:28:11 +0000
To List,

I have removed all my brake lines and am )maybe) fashioning new ones.  I
have new straight brake line ready to bend into the desired shapes.  Okay,
how in the world do you bend these things?  I think I've purchased every
tubing bender out there and can't seem to get my brake lines to conform to
anything close to what they are supposed to be.  Some of the curves are too
close to each other to utilize the tubing bender and this stuff is pretty
stiff to bend .  Help!!

On a related note, should I re-use my old brake lines?  There are no signs
of corrosion on the outside.  I thought of maybe just running a cable inside
the lines to "clean them out" a bit and then reinstalling.  Any advice?

Allen
1970 2000
rebuilt head is done, now awaiting other engine work