Re: Brake line bending or re-use mine

To: orangedawg@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake line bending or re-use mine
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:10:11 -0700
Bending brake lines isn't so bad, it just takes a little practice.  It
doesn't have to be exactly like the original to fit, you just have to
make sure you have clearance once it's installed (no moving parts or
vibrations nearby that would wear a hole in the line).

I picked up a neat tip on one of the car shows on TV.  When you need to
make a sharp bend near one of the fittings (e.g. the rear brake line on
the axle),  grind a piece of round stock or a long bolt into a taper that
fits into the end of the line.  This will give your tubing bender
something to grab on to make the bend.

Spraying some brake cleaner in your old tubing and watching what comes
out should give you an idea of how good they are.  However, check the
condition  carefully.  I found some questionable areas on mine and
replaced several lines.  I'd say I used half old and replaced half with
new line.

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:28:11 +0000 "Allen Blackmon"