Re: (strange) trailer hitch

To: <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (strange) trailer hitch
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:01:39 EST
Yes, it can be done.

I have towed off road motorcycles and small trailers for 100s of miles with a
hitch that attached to the rear bumper and under the trunk (behind the gas
tank).  Need to put a hole in the bottom of the bumper and thru the trunk
floor.  Worked fine, and I still have the hitch.  It is very simple.

Also have a removable hitch that has chains that hook up to the trunk lip and
the bottom of the bumper, and snugs up against the rear bumper.  No cutting but
probably not as strong. Still have that as well.  (Never throw anything away is
my motto, to the chagrin of Mrs. C.)

Gary C.
red one
black one

Needless to say, these are not for towing anything heavy, or for high tongue
weights.