Re: [datsunroadsters] Re: Season's greetings

To: <datsunroadsters@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [datsunroadsters] Re: Season's greetings
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:34:58 -0500
Actually roadsters do very well in the snow.  Back in the early '70's I
owned my first roadster and drove it all year round, living in southeast
Penna. at the time.  I had radial snow tires by Semperit which were very
knobby and could drive it thru snow which was up to the rocker panels.  I
was going to community college and one day school was canceled while I was
driving to school.  When I got there no one was or had been in the parking
lot.  So it was donut time for quite a while.  Spins and slides until I
figured my fun had gone on long enough without police interference.
    Even Christmas day when I moved the roadster into winter position, I
drove the roadster out to the paved road and back on my 800ft driveway which
is a continuous sheet of glare ice with a slight incline all the way to the
road.  My son didn't think his ford ranger with a bed full of firewood would
get out but I challenged him- "Roadster did it!"
daveS