Re: [datsunroadsters] Re: Season's greetings

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [datsunroadsters] Re: Season's greetings
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:36:17 -0700
Wednesday, December 26, 2001 7:30 PM Mike R. wrote:
> When you talked about shovelling a foot of snow off the roadster I
> was afraid maybe you drive the thing through the winter! Glad to
> hear that's not the case.

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:34 Dave Stoll replied:
>Actually roadsters do very well in the snow.  Back in the early '70's
>I owned my first roadster and drove it all year round, living in
>southeast Penna. at the time.
> My son didn't think his ford ranger with a bed full of firewood
>would get out but I challenged him- "Roadster did it!"

:)

  I drive mine year 'round. The only bad thing about snow driving is
the road salt - gotta keep 'em clean! .. Ok, and when the snow depth's
above the bumpers.
  They're great ice cars! Had my '88 Pathfinder out last week in a
snowstorm - the roads were sheet ice and hadn't had enough snowpack
for traction. Holy cow that thing was a beast to keep the rear end
behind me (at least in 2wd)! I'll take the roadster any day on ice!
  The only challenge with roadsters on snow/ice is the hp/weight -
twitching the gas pedal can be .. stimulating! Braking and coasting
traction is fantastic.

dan neff '69 2000
colorado springs, co
www.wycroc.org