Re: Undercoatings

To: "John Hogan" <mad@madgrizzle.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Undercoatings
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:43:21 -0500
Undercoating is nice for a few years but after a while it dries out and
starts to crack. Moisture gets in the cracks and voila rusted floors. It
happened to my 240 even though I did scrape off all the loose undercoating
and later sprayed it with Waxoyl. Oh well.

It was totaled later by some yahoo while I was sitting at a stop light, on
an empty road, on my bithday. Nice gift :(

Mike

PS - The car was totally restored by me and his insurance paid a goodly sum
of money and let me keep the car. The guy was from Kentucky and his
insurance company didn't know what to do with the car so they let me keep
it.