Re: Stock modifications

To: Marshall Colley <mcolley@earthlink.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock modifications
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 10:21:54 -0800 (PST)
Marshall,

The wiring in the Roadster wasn't made to handle 68amps.  If for some
reason your alternator pumps out more than 35 or so amps, you can fry
your wiring.

I connected an 8 gauge wire directly from my alternator to the battery.
 I installed a voltmeter so I still have a reading of the electrical
system.

--- Marshall Colley <mcolley@earthlink.net> wrote:

> 1.  Replaced my stock alternator on my 68 2000 (mounted lower driver
> side)
> with a Delco DL-7122, the type used on a 68 Chevy C10 1/2 ton truck.
> This
> was to provide 68Amps over the stock 30 to run my installed AC
> system.
> Bolts right in with no modifications other then a few washers and
> changing
> the plug . Lifetime warranty at Autozone or Checkers.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend