Stock modifications

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock modifications
From: Marshall Colley <mcolley@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:35:56 -0700
Gary,

That's a great idea...I was wondering how to go about sharing such
information. I've listed a few items below that might be helpful to other
roadster owners:

1.  Replaced my stock alternator on my 68 2000 (mounted lower driver side)
with a Delco DL-7122, the type used on a 68 Chevy C10 1/2 ton truck.  This
was to provide 68Amps over the stock 30 to run my installed AC system.
Bolts right in with no modifications other then a few washers and changing
the plug . Lifetime warranty at Autozone or Checkers.

2.  A  "Wells VR715" regulator was used to replace stock, also Lifetime.

3.  Thermostat modification:   Autozone # 141804   Manufactures # 84838
Thermostat housing (has 7/16-1/2"? thread for idiot light sensor) used in
conjunction with standard housing to provide 2 threaded holes for stock
sensor and idiot light.  An 180 degree thermostat Autozone # 261113,
Manufacturer's # 330-180 was fitted into the new housing.  This modification
requires very minor changes of widening a hole with a circular file and
changing the stud length.    Use Autozone # 886457 Radiator hose for this
configuration (must cut to fit).

If we can't get a site up and running on a regular basis then perhaps we
members can post what we know works and individuals can maintain a list and
share it when requested.  Please post any such modifications,  the make and
model car it came from (if known) and/or source # codes.

Thank You,

Marshall

Gary wrote:

Appros of the ford clips for the door panels, there are a lot of domestic or
popular foreign parts that work on the Roadsters, the brake switch for
earlies, windshield rubber from Triumphs, brake lines from Chevys, and
rotors
from Jags and Volvos, are some parts that come immediately to mind.
Probably
lots of other parts from other Datsuns as well.

Is there (and shouldn't there be if not) a compatibility parts list to
indicate what parts are swappable with other more easily obtained parts from
other cars.

Thoughts and comments?

I would consider maintaining the site if there isn't one now.

Gary C
red one
black one