Re: Archive ideas- taking control... *** your thoughts please

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Archive ideas- taking control... *** your thoughts please
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 14:07:42 EST
Archives..... yup there seems to be a major problem with any service that has
been previously used. Like everything else in life,,,, " if ya want something
done right, ya gotta do it yourself"  So a coupla ideas....

1) Someone was bragging of unlimited webspace - maybe if some were donated,
and then with the help of one of the web-tech-types we have here  could set
up something that posts messages as simple threaded text ( i'm sure there is
a decent, free cgi proggie out there somewhere for this).  plain text is
relatively small in size... think about it.  If it got too big, then offer an
"annual archive" on CD or something.

2) Mark has his Cortina List on topica.com.   NO, im NOT suggesting changing,
( We really love the guys at team.net !!!)  but theyve been doing real good
for the past 2-3 years. No glitches or missing archives to speak of.  Maybe
we could set up a "Mirror"  list that would post our list as a "member" on
thier system. No other subscribers, but it would keep a decent archive.

Tell me what ya think, or better yet, step up and volunteer space/experience
!!!

Laurie :-)
just as sick of the archive problem as everyone else !!!!
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ