Re: Welding (OTish)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding (OTish)
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 15:19:45 +0100
The few suggestions I can give on MIG welders in general
(as someone who welds a few hours every day) is to get
a 3-phase current machine. We have 220-230 Volts on
1-phase and 400 Volts on 3-phase in most parts of Europe.
I think USA are 110 Volts for 1-phase and 220 Volts for
3-phase. A 3-phase MIG welder have a more "even" power
and produce better welds. Aslo, if the machine is lightweight,
it's probably not powerful enough to produce good welds.
(TIG-welders weight are not that important with the latest
electronic TIG-machines) All my MIG- and TIG-welders are
Finnish made Kemppi. They are pro-equipment and would be
compared to Lincoln in USA.

Thomas