Welding (OTish)

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welding (OTish)
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 08:26:01 -0600
List,

     I 've been attempting to size up the looming 320 project again, and
I'm looking at the body repair.  I have a donor car that looks like it
will provide all the patch panels I need except for rocker panels.
Sounds great, but for the fact that I've never welded a stitch.
     Any advice on books and videos?  Also, do any of you have any
experience with some of the small MIG ready machines out there?  I was
looking at the Lincoln MIG PAK 10.
     The sheetmatal on the bed/box is heavier than I would have guessed,
it
looks to be 18 ga. on the box walls.  The fenders are lighter (20 ga.?)
     Any thoughts?

-Marc T.