Re: 2000 exhaust header pipe

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 exhaust header pipe
From: "Rick Zeuschner" <rickultracolor@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:43:41 -0800
Steve,

I accept that a good set of headers will increase the amount of horse power
obtainable from the engine.  I would like to see a set of after market
headers that performed better than the original Datsun headers !

I was forced to get a set made for my car, only to be told by my
manufacturer that my original set that had a ceramic coating on them would
provide better flow than the set they would make.

Unfortunately my original set had become 'thin' and best repair efforts
caused more holes.

Giving my 20 cents worth to Marshall also,  I would try to keep the original
set of headers for as long as possible,  and if they become unservicable
invest in a custom made set from Australia.  ( As you Americans get
everything half price because of your exchange rate.)

OR MAYBE the set of headers I thought were original were actually better
quality after market ones !!!!

Regards,
Rick