2000 exhaust header pipe

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2000 exhaust header pipe
From: Marshall Colley <mcolley@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:09:58 -0700
I recently hit a rock on my dirt road that broke one of the four exhaust
pipes off at the point where they are collected (at the flat plate) and was
wondering if it's possible to weld it back on.  I have a Mig welder but the
area looks real tight and I'm not certain I can get the Mig into the center
of the collector area to do the weld.  It appears certain that I will have
to take it off the car.

Does anyone have experience in this area as to the feasibility of a weld or
am I better off replacing the header?  If so, does anyone have a spare
exhaust header for sale?

I have a 68 2000.

Thanks,

Marshall