RE: In defense of the Miata

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: In defense of the Miata
From: "John Peak" <johnepeak@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:17:52 -0800
Hi,

  This stuff just cracks me up! I have been listening to the same crap about
the roadster from my British car friends for years.  They just can't accept
that by any objective measure the Datsun is a superior car.

  My wife's Miata is a blast to drive.  Unlike most modern "sportscars" the
Miata is a pure sportscar that requires some skill on the part of the driver
when pushed to the limit.

  Like the Datsun, the Miata was the first sportscar for many people.  The
memories of how fun these cars are to drive will stay with them the rest of
their lives.  And I guarantee you in 25 years these same people will be
restoring Miatas by the thousands.

Just my opinion.
John Peak
'70 2000 Roadster