One tooth off?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: One tooth off?
From: "Henry Bahn" <hbahn@home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:54:29 -0400
I put one of Gary Boone's electronic distributors in m R 16 race car today.
(BTW, the workmanship is superb, as are the instructions - definitely worth
the investment -  thanks, Gary).  I used an Echlin  IC83 coil for 1979-82
Datsun - Electronic Ignition, $57.

However, I'm apparently one tooth off on the distributor gear (this has
nothing to do with changing the dizzy it was that way before) but I can't
figure out how to correct it. The gear has a slot (just like on top except
it's not offset) so I think it can only go in one way  - either on or 180
deg. off - therefore I cannot go "one tooth" before or after, or it won't
seat flush on the pedestal (it's really easy to break the cast iron pedestal
by tightening it down if it's not actually seated).  Am I missing something
obvious?

BTW, I finished 19th of 29 at the Blue Grey challenge - with an electrical
miss (see above!) that was so bad that I"m amazed that I finished at all.

Reliability is coming - slowly. . .

JH Bahn
'66  SPL311

///