Re: educated guess needed

To: Pagone@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: educated guess needed
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
Check the wires in the distributer as well as changing
the points.  There is an insulated wire that can short
out causing the symptoms you describe.  The dead
giveaway is when it "kicks in" and runs normal.  This
is likely an ignition problem, and I'll bet it is a
minor thing, probably a wire that is touching where it
should not.  Just a guess, but...

While you're at it, change the cap, rotor and
condensor.  A new wire set could not hurt...And why
not some new plugs while we're at it.  It's all cheap,
and $$ well spent. Points replacement is a snap, and
I'm sure someone local can walk you thru it on the
phone in a heartbeat.  Good luck, I believe you'll be
back on the road soon.

Mike Harper
Charleston SC

http://personals.yahoo.com