Car Died; Couldn't Figure Out; Go Away; Come back; car on: WHY?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Died; Couldn't Figure Out; Go Away; Come back; car on: WHY?
From: David Datsun <datsun_dave@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:40:45 -0700 (PDT)

Went up to Philly last weekend to visit my brother.
Wasn't going to work on car at all but he had an
interesting and strange issue come up. He was in the
99% completion phase (rare on roadsters), and was
hooking up his lights on the car. Crap, he should have
marked them when he took them all apart; there are
more wires than you think!

He had the battey hooked up (bad idea) and was messing
with the front wiring harness as he was plugging in
wires to get the turn signals to work. Suddenly, he
thought maybe he heard something, everything went
DEAD!
Nothing, nada. I had no idea what happened. An hour or
so later, he went back into the garage, the flashers
were on. He replaced a few bulbs, and everything
works. His question? What happened and can I trust
this car to run?

David Wilson
Wash, DC
Mike Wilson